|Laura Mercier Glam to Go|
Now I think the general rule is that you aren't allowed to photograph the products in Selfridges but I got some at the Charlotte Tilbury counter. I had such a lovely time at the Laura Mercier counter I completely forgot camera's existed... so there.
The Chanel Christmas collection, Rouge Noir Absolument, is inspired by the iconic Rouge Noir nail varnish, created backstage at a Chanel show 20 years ago. This collection, or bits of it, are sold out in a lot of places, it was hard to find somewhere that had the eye quad still in stock so if you want this then get it now.
- Lame Rouge Noir - I love Rouge Noir, it's the perfect winter nail colour and this year they have created a top coat, Lame Rouge Noir, to go with it. This is gorgeous, and would look beautiful on top of any red varnish, two coats for the full affect or a dab on the tips for something more subtle. £15
- Signe Particular - I've yet to use a Les 4 Ombres eye quad that I didn't like and Signe Particular is beautiful really lovely colours. With a festive edge this is actually very wearable most of the year, depending on the occassion! £44
- Lip Gloss - or Levres Scintillantes in Enticille. I'm actually struggling to find this in stock anywhere but keep checking back at Selfridges, House of Fraser, John Lewis to see if it returns.
Laura Mercier have come out with some stunning palettes for this 'holiday' season. It's hard to know where to start so I've chosen three completely different ones though if none of these appeal do go and have a nosy around the other ones as they are gorgeous.
- Stroke of Genius - if you want to get the make-up lover in your life something but you are not sure what products they want then you can't go wrong with some good quality brushes and these are they. Some of my favourite brushes, in and out of my pro kit, are from Laura Mercier and they are doing this luxe brush collection. You get 6 brushes for eyes and face and a very cool metal case to keep them in. £65
- Blush and Glow - highlighting and strobing are not only incredibly fashionable at the moment but Christmas and New Year are the perfect time to add a been of shimmer to your face. The Blush and Glow palette has two baked highlighters and a baked blush bronze. It comes in a travel friendly compact with a little brush (that actually works) and a mirror. Yes it's great for your handbag or when you are travelling but actually with these colours it's just a great addition to your make-up stash. £45
- Glam to Go - if I had to chose only one thing from the Laura Mercier Christmas offerings it would be this and it's the cheapest of my selection! Every single product and colour in this palette is really wearable for most skin types and eye colours. Four eye colours, a blusher, bronzer and lip colour in a chunky double decker tortoiseshell* palette. I love, love, love this. £32
From the brand who can do no wrong there are a ton of things to choose from but the ones that really stood out for me are...
- The Gift of Red Carpet Skin - one of the few brands to have impressed both make-up and skincare fanatics, the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream is now loved by many and Wonderglow seems to be becoming just as popular. This box contains mini versions of them all - everything you need to look after, prep and cleanse the skin. £59
- The Book of Makeup Magic - an incredible box featuring 12 of the best products from the whole range. I love this and I'm confused by it at the same time. It's like and advent calendar... but it's not an advent calendar. But still very fun to open each little individual box and the products included are fantastic - 15ml tube of Wonder Glow, 15ml Magic Cream, Matte Revolution lipstick in Red Carpet Red amongst other things. A real gem of a present and a great introduction to the brand for those as of yet uninitiated. £150
- The Perfect Pink Kiss - one of the stand-out ideas from the Tilbury brand is the 'kits'. Being able to buy a whole look with minimum effort from you and I love this gift set which gives you the lip cheat lip pencil, lipstick and gloss all in one box. Other shades are available but I love this one best. £49
I love Bobbi Brown, again this is a really reliably good brand, you know their products are going to be great quality and do what they are supposed to. As a sidenote this was the worst customer service from the whole trip. She basically didn't have time to talk me through the gifts and I doubt I would have bought from her. But that aside here's what looked lovely...
- Deluxe Eye and Cheek Palette - there's something incredibly pleasing about a chunky double decker palette, though maybe it's not actually that practical if you want to take it out and about with you. This has very beautiful, wearable colours for lips and cheeks and for me it's a real classic example of where they really get it right as a brand. Eight eyeshadows (matte and shimmer) and two natural cheek colours, with a mini brush included. £59
- Shimmer Brick in Pink - probably the thing Bobbi Brown are most famous for are their shimmer bricks and this one is a beaut. £35
- The Long-Wear Eye Set - an unusual one but the choice for the girl who has a lot of make-up. I love the Bobbi Brown long-wear cream shadows, the gel liner is fantastic and the Smokey Eye mascara is definitely in my top five mascara's of all time. What's not to like? £39
|Charlotte Tilbury Book of Makeup Magic|