I must confess right up that I love Elemis stuff, without exception. It's just so damn pricey. Their Papaya Enzyme Peel is dreamy. Recommend. Anyway, when I made the move from my long-standing Deralogica habit to something else, Elemis was where I went. This Pro-Collagen stuff had lovely things said about it all over the Internet, like some hit HBO series, and so I took the plunge and bought a small jar. I now use it once daily before bed (in the interests of economy, using the very reliable Philosophy 3-in-1 cleanser in the mornings).
You get a good gloop of the soft yellow pasty cream-like stuff on your finger and massage in, and emulsify with a little water, massaging in further. If you have one of those fancy skin massaging cleanser brush things, use. I just massage in well with fingers and then use a warm flannel to remove. It's lovely stuff. Leaves you feeling moisturised before you've even moisturised.
Since using this I've not suffered any dry patches in the corners of my nose, and I'd even go so far as to say that my face has been less blotchy in the mornings. If you are lucky you can sometimes find a larger jar than usual - they are great value. Get.
What You Need to Know - Elemis Anti-Ageing Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm
- £35-40 (comes with free flannel)
- Suitable for all skin types though does contain shea butter so may not suit acne sufferers
- Ok for daily use
- No mineral oils or parabans
- Harpers Beauty Awards Best Cleanser 2015
- You may also want to check out - Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm
- Available in the UK from Look Fantastic, Elemis, Time to Spa,